A coolio fuck-ton of female arm angle references.
Credit goes to melsrefs (on tumblr). You should flood Mel’s inbox with fanmail so s/he’ll make more of these epic references.
So you want to make an OC?: A Masterpost of Ways to Create, Develop, and Make Good OCs!
i made this masterpost in hopes that it helps you in making your own OCs ah;; it can also apply to developing RP characters i suppose! if you’d like to add more resources then go for it sugar pea (´ヮ`)!
How to Write Better OCs:
- basic tips on how to make your oc even better
- tragic backstory? learn how to write one/make yours great
- writing specific characters
- a wordier, great guide on how to develop your character
- kick out those vague descriptions and make them AWESOME
- how to actually make an OC
- Q&A (to develop characters)
- more Q&As
- giving your character a backstory
- how to write an attractive character
- adding more racial diversity
- avoiding tokenism, AKA, how to add diversity to your cast not just because you “need” it
- writing sexuality and gender expression (doesnt include non binary, if you have a good ref to that, please add on!)
- masterpost on writing more diversity into your story
- cultures of the world
- guides to drawing different ethnicities (not just a great art reference, but also really helpful in appearance descriptions!)
Mary Sue/Gary Stu
- Test to see if your character is a Sue
- Explains subdivisions of Sues/Stus
- Powerful Characters Don’t Have to Be Sues
- villain generator
- need an evil sounding name for your evil character? bam
- villain archetypes
- what’s your villain’s motive for being a villain?
- character perceptions (What your character thinks of themselves and what others think of them)
- how to write strong relationships between two characters
- 8 ways to write better characters and develop their relationships with others
- OCxLove Interest Handbook
- develop your couple with good ol’ Q&A!
- how to write realistic relationships
- how to write relatives for your characters (this is more OC related to a canon character, but will help in writing family members in general)
- 12 common archetypes
- 8 archetypes for male/female characters
- female archetypes (goes pretty indepth from two main categories)
- a list of archetypes
- tips for better design
- basic appearance generator
- pinterest board for character design (includes NSFW and images of skeletons/exposed muscle (?) so tread carefully!)
- clothing ref masterpost
- give your character better powers
- a list of professions
- proactive vs reactive characters
- positive and negative traits
- interest generator
- skills generator
- motivation generator
- 123 ideas for character flaws
- list of phobias
again, this is to help inspire you or help establish your OCs! i hope you get a lot of info and help from this ahh ( ´ ▽ ` )ﾉ
I really tried making this tutorial (I aM SO HORRIBLE AT MAKING TUTORIAL SO PLEASE DON’T ASK ME TO MAKE ONE FOR YOU LMAO….*turns head*)
I’ve been getting a lot of messages on how to paint w/gouache…so here’s a step by step process on how I paint gouache. You can find what kind of brands I use on my about me page (you just need to scroll down and you’ll find it)
Also for the palette I use. I highly recommend this palette! Why? Because you can save your gouache (or acrylics)…and the special palette paper absorbs the water from the sponge (and it lasts pretty long…like about five weeks?)
If you have any questions, please message me lol……
I have nO idea if I explained this well haha
if I made no sense feel free to ask me questions
anyway I JUST
i see an awful lot of this
AND IT’S SUCH A SHAME
I mean theres nothing wrONg with the hair thing
it’s just that more often than not that’s aLL people do, when you could do so much more
I just did a real quick tutorial about character design. It’s focused on pokémon (cause im a dweeb), but the same concepts apply to any critters; pokemon, human or otherwise!
Left: I use a square brush.. Minimum spacing is at 1%, but sometimes it lags and I’ll move it to 5% to get rid of the lag.
Middle: Pen Pressure for the size, and I very occasionally change the minimum diameter depending on how I want my strokes to look like.
Right: I never change these settings.. These are the most important to make sure brush strokes are soft and easier to “blend” in photoshop.
"Hi! I love love the texture of your art, could I ask what brush you use? And do you have any advice for painting in photoshop? I can never get my stuff to blend well enough!"
Hello thank you! You can’t actually blend colors unless you use the mixer brush. I use the regular default brush that requires you to spam the eye dropper (press the alt key) and use several strokes until the colors appear they are blending.
The texture is just created from my brush strokes since in the last illustration I didn’t use any other brushes except the speckle/dot brush for the small dots.
Thanks for asking..
Tonight, we had an awesome awesome guest lecture from Dreamwork’s Steve Hickner.
I’ve made some notes from the lecture that I completely agree with so that I can look back at it when I board my film this year. Some notes may be confusing for some because it’s out of context. This will be my desktop background picture for this semester.
Thanks sang !!!
THIS IS SO HELPFUL FOR WHEN YOURE ORDERING CLOTHES ONLINE AND DONT KNOW HOW TO LOOK UP WHAT YOU WANT!!
I see this mistake EVERYWHERE and it drives me BONKERS. If you’re drawing something really graphic, this rule does not apply. But if the body is anatomically realistic, the hand shouldn’t be a roll of sausages.
BUNS AND THIGHS to the person who wantd it rebloggable i added butts bc people kept asking me about butts omgf